Sunday, May 9

Material sourcing in Shepherds Bush

The common place to find net curtains will be the local cheap market or stalls found in british cities. In Birmingham the Rag market, in London anywhere out of the main city where local trade can be found.

I visited the Shepherds Bush market to search out suitable materials for my outcome, the reason for me to look for materials before i have started penning my pattern is due to the fact I am aware of the time frame in which I have to create my final piece and feel by not thorough investigation and experimentation of material my piece could suffer especially in its visibility at a luxury item to which I would like to prescribe a value to.


To begin the process of construction of my piece I looked at the best suitable materials as a basis for me to overlay my graphics. I set a criteria to which I felt would allow me to get the best source of material in which I could create solid imagery ob top of allowing clear visibility to the eye yet still have the ability to be semi transparent.
Whist in the right shops I looked at hanging structures in which i may need for any photographic footage I may use post net curtain in terms of documentation of the piece if I wanted to put it in situ or even out of it.

No comments: