Sunday, May 30

A way to display my 70% grey print...

I have handed my files to be printed with Cameron Gilmartins, the print will be done within three days from file hand in.

When choosing the final colour and material to be used I had to seriously consider the transparency of the material. With this in mind I enquired with the representative of the company with my final choices and confirmed the appropriate way in which to have my design printed.

I went for the image to be 70% grey on silk chiffon, the material was very close to the density of visibility of that from a typical voile curtain, and due to natural light bleaching the print I couldn't have the print any more lighter than 70% or the image would be practically invisible to the eye when hung up

































So...

Whilst my piece is being printed I have now a couple of days to create a frame to suspend the curtains. This frame will be needed to hold the piece without having to alter its surroundings i.e. drill holes for the washing line and etc.

I originally had a look at what was in the market and even had to return something I thought would be ideal for the curtain.

So I am know going see if I should make a custom make a frame at a metal workshop. And figure the deciding factors for the display of the piece.

No comments: