Thursday, May 20

Flocked off...

So after discussions about the production of my piece I thought of possibly flocking onto the fabric print. This I thought would add a tactile dimension to the work in which particular areas would be flocked to create depth and highlight significant areas of the design for them to stand out in comparison to the rest of the print.

I approached the textile department of Chelsea to see if I could utilise the facilities, but unfortunately there is loads of admin and red tape preventing me to use anything and there would be too many restrictions.

As much as I am disappointed with this hiccup in the design progress I have evaluated the use of this process against what I feel is necessary to embellish the print and feel happy with having to use my embroidery skills as a suitable substitute.

No comments: