Thursday, April 29

Draft concept for final piece

To date...

I have explored the breadth of design processes and outcomes that are relavent to my project. After my update session last week in which I presented my progress to a section of the class and the tutor. I confirmed the specific areas in this project that i am focusing on in terms of creating a successful outcome.

Here is a list of of what I am certain of that my piece will include in terms of concept:

The use of pattern (surface design) which is commomly found in net curtains and subverting the viewers perception through the inclusion of:

a. Text with imagery be it within the imagery itself to disguise it requiring close inspection by the viewer.

b. The imagery to not fall into the territory of being in any form a pastiche of what has already been created in terms of th piece being explicit in nature or likewise too kitsch.

c. Due to the nature of lace as a craft being close to instinct, I have found difficulty in finding relevant courses in which to take up the craft, so instead to find a suitable substitute material in which can be successfully relevant to the final outcome of the piece.

No comments: